· Judges shall be selected from a pool of professional music educators with significant experience in a variety of idioms inherent to the X-Ensemble platform. Judges shall be deemed non-biased by the X-Ensemble Chair and WVMEA Executive Board.
· Judges will use the adopted X-Ensemble scoring rubric, which will be posted on the WVMEA website.
· (NEW) Each ensemble may make only one honor ensemble submission per year. Ensembles submitting an application for X-Ensemble shall be ineligible to submit for honor choir, honor jazz band, or honor concert band, and vice-versa.
· Invitations for the conference program will be issued based on the ensemble’s averaged score.
· Ensembles must have an average score of 90 out of 100 to be considered for X-Ensemble selection.
· The X-Ensemble Chair will forward submissions to the judges electronically without school or director identification.
· Judges will select one X-Ensemble per grade level (high school, middle school, and elementary school). If one grade level category is without a submission or if there is no ensemble in a select grade level category to make the minimum score, additional ensembles may be selected regardless of grade level category.